Thursday, April 7, 2011

edited "direct speech"

1. One day, I was having a great time with my friend in the restaurant.
My friend asked, “How is wine?”  I replied gladly, “It is very smooth. I like it.”

2. Suddenly, he looked soup carefully and found out something in the bowl.
“Don’t you think it is an insect?” he said angrily.
After I had seen that, I answered, “Oh, something is in the soup, but I'm not sure what it is exactly.”

3. He was very annoyed, so he called waiter, “Hey! Excuse me!  Waiter! Come here and look at this!”  The waiter was confused and didn’t know what’s happen.

4. “How can it happen in this popular restaurant? I visit often this famous restaurant, but I have never seen such a terrible situation,” He said offended. The waiter tried to explain, “I’m so sorry. Can you give me some time to talk with my manager? Would you like to have another soup instead of it? This will be free for our mistake.”   However, my friend couldn’t control himself and began to shout abuse. “Please, calm down. Give him some time to solve it.” I tried to stop him shouting because I felt regretful for him.

5. After all, the waiter couldn’t stand continuous insult anymore and ran out of the restaurant. However, my friend didn’t stop shouting and all of customers stared at us.

6. I was so ashamed of his ungentlemanly behavior that I left my seat even though I didn’t eat anything except wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment